Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fishing, Hiking, and Jet Ski's, Oh My!

After Michael and Anne's wedding, we decided that they shouldn't be the only ones who got to go on a little vacation. The rest of the family needed a week off to recover. I mean, being the groom's sister is a lot of work, after all! (Any excuse for a vacation, right?!) We got to stay in a house big enough for all eleven of us in Midway, UT. With the few pictures I actually took, I'll let you in on some highlights...
  • Fishing with Grandpa at Jordanelle Reservoir...the fish weren't very hungry the first day. Parker reeled in his Sponge Bob fishing pole every 3 seconds just to make sure.
  • But at least one fish was hungry later that night in the pond by the house...and the Sponge Bob fishing pole caught him! Parker couldn't sleep all night because he was worried that his fish was in his room "wiggling." A poor, dying fish was almost more than Parker could handle.
  • But that didn't stop him from going again. The next day, all the kids caught fish. We cooked all TEN for dinner! (They were yummy...but we had rotisserie chicken just in case!)
  • We saw Park City and the Wasatch Mountains from way up high on The Flight of The Canyons gondola ride.
  • We rented a jet ski at the windiest reservoir ever...Jordanelle! Luckily they let us come back another day after the weather turned for the worst on the first try. We tried to brave it out, but after Joe took me for a joy (death) ride through the choppy waves, I was done. Round 2 was much better...even Parker loved it! (But it didn't beat standing on the beach throwing rocks with Blake!)
  • We cried, we laughed, we played lots of "Heck, Fire and Darnation," we went on morning walks and bike rides, and we ended the week even more sleep deprived than when it began (darn kids who don't know the meaning of sleeping in!).
  • For me, the week was a solid reminder of just how much I love and need my family. My kids loved playing with their cousins and Grandpa and Nannu...and nothing made me happier than watching them play. (Too bad the newlyweds missed out and had to spend their time on a dang cruise!)

We love you guys! Come again soon!!!

12 comments:

Erin said...

What a great vacation! Sometimes the best fun isn't that far from home! So glad you guys caught so many fish! And I'm glad you got a "re-do" on your jet ski ride! Who needs a cruise...oh yeah, we do!! hehe...

Diane said...

I love the pictures! You need to send yours to me! Thanks for the post! We'll have to do it again with Michael and Anne.

Art and Evelyn said...

That's cute! Fishing can be a traumatic sport... I know first hand! I can't handle the wiggling worms on hooks, taking fish off those hooks and then hooking myself in the back as I cast the line out! Wiggling fish freak me out too, Parker! Sounds like a nice vacation!

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I caught a fish. I cried and cried when my mom explained that they die when they are of the water. I would not eat any fish until I was about 23 years old. I am glad the parker seems to be taking it better:)

Kelly and Megan said...

What a fun getaway! I bet it was great to be with your fam!

Kimberly said...

Awww! I think you're the only one with pictures. It was fun to see the vacation in "picture form"...ha ha! It was a great week and we'll have to do it again sometime...too bad Michael and Anne missed out!

Grandma Hand said...

Love the pictures of "YOUR VACATION' It would have been really fun but you know some of us have to enjoy these family things through the pictures. I really do love your blogs and keep on blogging.

alicia said...

How fun! It's always fun vacationing with family!

Aly said...

I just can't get over how much I love your new hair! It is so gorgeous on you!!

The trip looks like a blast...we need to do more local trips, I always worry so much about saving to go somewhere else and we have so many wonderful places right here in UTAH I might as well save some money!

Niki said...

Great Pictures Robyn!! We are thinking of maybe making the trek to Utah for Conference in October...if we do come, wanna get our kids together?

Deanie said...

Looks like you had a great time, it is always good to spend it with family. I am so glad you guys had a "Ward Reunion" I mean wedding for Michael and Anne, it was great to see everyone there!!

Missy said...

OML When Chris finishes school, we are so going on the vacation to end all vacations.... hmm actually that doesn't sound very good.
But it's gonna be awsome! I want one so bad.
We always go camping. Camping is great, but sometimes I wanna do something else. Ya know?
I love fishing. We havn't been fishing for a long time. Freshly caught fish is so yummy! mmmmm