Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life in Pictures

I have GOT to start blogging on this blog again! Those of you who don't read FitMePink probably don't even know that I'm 30 weeks pregnant with another little girl! One of these days, I'll catch up! Actually, this might be as good as it's going to get for now... After a quick scan of the never-posted pictures on the computer, here are a few highlights:
First, Michael married Anne last August! My kids are absolutely smitten. I love seeing my baby brother so happy, and I love seeing my kids play with their fun aunt and uncle. (They're still fun because they don't have kids yet! I lost all of my fun-aunt-energy 4 years ago when Parker was born!)

Next, while trying to make these adorable TeePee cupcakes created by my cousin Christie (yes, waaaaay back at Thanksgiving), I nearly burned the house down with my culinary disaster! It wasn't pretty, but I finally figured it out several batches later!


We've played dress-up with cousins (just don't tell Marcus and Joe)! This could be blackmail in a few years!We've had visits from friends! (And yes...some things NEVER change!)We went on a kid-free FREE trip to California and Disneyland. Our FREE hotel room was the CRAPPIEST hotel we've EVER stayed at, but HEY...it was FREE! We had a blast!We had Easter! (And dyed our new clothes and kitchen table in the process!)And finally, undocumented....I officially have ZERO kids in diapers! (Until June, anyway!) I was VERY reluctant to give into Avery's non-stop requests to use the potty, because potty-training Parker has been nothing less than traumatic, but she did it on her own! She hasn't had a single accident since the day she refused to wear a diaper a week ago after receiving big-girl panties in her Easter basket (which, sadly, is still more than I can say for sweet Parker). So YAY for AVERY!

What have YOU been up to?

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice to see you again! Love the pics of Avery's lipstick face! Classic!

esherman10 said...

It's about time you put something on here! j/k ;) It's fun to see what you've been up to though!

Christie said...

Welcome back, and excellent job on the teepee cupcakes. Glad you didn't burn your house down!

Incidentally - I can't believe how big your kids are getting! So, so cute.

Annakaisa said...

I like Fitmepink, but this blog is still my favorite. So I'm happy that you are posting here too!! :)
Cute pictures!

Maylene said...

I'm so excited you are having another girl! Maybe if we end up coming up to Utah this summer, I'll have to stop by and see you of course. Maybe I should start blogging again too. Ha, I just like reading other peoples blogs but not updating my own. Looks like you guys have had lots of adventures :)

Niki said...

Congrats!!! It is exciting that we are only a few weeks apart! How are the kids feeling about having a sister? Aidan and Emma fight all the time about what the baby will be, since we are having it be a surprise. And way to go Avery!!! Potty training girls is so much better than boys. Emma did something similar to Avery, where as Aidan fought us for almost a year before being fully trained! Glad you posted. Great update!

Johnston Family said...

Congrats! That is awesome! So, you probably have people tell you this ALL the time, but I was watching the movie Dear John the other & day & that actress, Amanda Seyfried, I kept watching her & thinking how gorgy porgy she is & then I was all, "She looks just like one of my childhood besties Robyn." I love it! You should be her stunt double or something & make some mula off of it! :)

Anonymous said...

30 weeks already!! How wonderful. Any names yet?

Kelly and Megan said...

Yay, you and your sis have new posts! Looks like you have been having some fun times. I am totally envious of your trip to Disneyland with no children! I am also envious that Avery is potty trained! I am not sure I can potty train Kate with a newborn!

Kimberly said...

I forgot about the tee pee cupcakes! That was so funny. Kind of reminds me of when mom was trying to sterilize baby bottle nipples when we were kids and almost burned the house down! Avery is such a big girl and has grown up way too fast! I guess she's supposed to since she's going to be the big sister now, but it still seems waaaayyy too fast! As for you and Stephanie, I'm glad to see some things never change. I was surprised there was no picture of Parker with those funny teeth in....too funny!

Mark and Adrienne said...

Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive baby! How exciting! And I can't believe Avery is potty-trained, she needs to come teach Cala some lessons :)