Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Bad Luck Stroller

I don't know what it is with me and the jogging stroller, but we have serious issues. It is SO NICE outside today, so I decided to take Parker for a little jog. When I left, I noticed that he seemed to be leaning to the right a bit, but he usually leans to one side, so no big deal. I ran to the Jordan River Parkway trail, then ran to 104th South. I'm sure this means nothing to most of you, but I was quite far from home. As soon as I stopped before turning around to come home, I noticed that the back right wheel was kind of wobbly. I got a bit nervous, but kept going. I decided to check the tire...it was flat. Luckily we have a pump in the bottom of the stroller, so I pumped up the tire hoping it would solve the problem. It didn't. I was kind of freaked out, especially since I wasn't even on a normal road where someone could come pick me up (not that I would get in a car with a stranger again--luckily I had my cell phone with me so I could call Joe at work). I made it to the normal road and just started praying that I would make it home. Luckily we made it home in one piece...sort of. Literally the second I turned into our driveway, the wheel fell off. No joke. My prayers were answered!!! I called Joe and asked him if he'd noticed anything wrong with the stroller last night when he took Parker running. He said "Well, the back right wheel looked a little wobbly..." That would have been nice to know beforehand! All's well that ends well, though, right?

No comments: