Thursday, June 5, 2008

Trip #3 to Nashville, Tennessee!

My friend, Ansku, brought it to my attention that I never posted about our trip to Nashville last month. That's probably because I couldn't figure out how to narrow down 334 pictures to a single blog post. So, sorry for the collage overload! It was the only way! Anyway, our trip was a blast. I'm still sad it's over. Here are a few things we did...

We took Parker to the zoo for the first time ever (He's 2-years old! Poor, deprived child.) He loved it...all the animals were a hit, including the famous Tim Macaw and Zebra McEntire! Parker preferred the normal giraffes and elephants to the celebrities, though! And the "reason" for the trip...the Country Music Marathon and 1/2 marathon. Way to go, Joe!
My first visit to downtown Nashville definitely didn't disappoint. We took a horse drawn carriage around town, saw Coyote Ugly, and tons of famous country singers. Not really, but we did see where lots of them got their start!
Another outing was at the famous Carnton Plantation in Franklin, TN. We got there too late for a tour this time...it took us until 4:00 in the afternoon to actually get out the door for the day (definitely my fault). The grounds were beautiful, though! We left and saw the Nashville Temple and celebrated cinco de mayo at Baja Fresh!
And finally...where we spent most of our two weeks...at Grandpa and Nannu's house! Tennessee is really growing on me...if it weren't for a minor thing like Joe's job (and keeping my husband), I would probably move there in a heart beat. Good news for me, though, my sister's moving back to Utah! YAY!

19 comments:

Kimberly said...

Those pictures were fun to look at. I totally forgot that you hadn't posted about Nashville. I can't get over how chubby Blake's cheeks are!

Maylene said...

I love all the pictures...it almost looks like you had a professional photographer documenting your trip! There is no way I would be able to decide which ones to post up. It looks gorgeous there and I bet it was fun to see all the cool country stuff! Well I am super excited to come see you, only a few weeks away!

Unknown said...

Holy pictures! You're right though how do you narrow them down when they are all cute!!

Kelly and Megan said...

Looks like lots of fun! I have always wanted to visit Tennessee. It looks like a very nice place! Cute pictures.

Aly said...

I love all of your pictures....that would have taken me days to put together!!!! It really is such a beautiful place, we visited Nate and Hills in Knoxville when Annie was little. And no you can't move there...I love you being so close way too much:) Yay for Kimberely coming!!!!!!!

Art and Evelyn said...

Cute, cute pictures! I think Nashville is growing on me too! haha! I love all the pictures and everyone looks so happy! Thanks for the help again today! Evelyn

Annakaisa said...

Yes! My pressuring worked!! ;) Just kidding... I was very happy to see the post, and ALL the pictures! I'm glad you had such a good time. Thanks for posting it.

Annakaisa said...

P.S. Avery's cheeks are just TOO cute!! :)

Diane said...

Wow, we did take a lot of pictures didn't we. It was over too quickly! Glad you like it here...maybe Joe will let you come more often. That's so funny you remembered the celebrity names of those animals! Wasn't the Zoo the BEST?!

Erin said...

It's hard to decide which collage is the best, but I think the zoo one is my favorite! It looks like you guys had such a fun time. And you better not move to TN! Don't you love the freezing winter here? I know you do!

I love the pics of Avery in the last collage!

Nice enormous list of blog links!! You go girl!

Sarah E said...

That looks like it was a pretty fun trip. Nashville is gorgeous. I still haven't ever taken Audrey to the zoo. Now I'm feeling kind of bad. Maybe we should all hit up Hogle Zoo one of these days. That would be a fun play group outing.

Tina said...

SO CUTE! I am watching your kids grow up through this and its so fun!
I know I would hate it if my mom lived out of state. (I still don't see her much even if she is only 10 minutes away) but it will be great to have Kimberly so close for you!

Jamie Parke said...

Looks like a lot of fun. It is beautiful back there. Where is Kim moving to in Utah?

Tamara said...

I just realized that I don't think I've mentioned how cute I think your hair is! I noticed you cut it forever ago and never said anything! I loved your long hair too, but this cut looks aweseome!

Your kids are looking so big and grown up. I love checking in and seeing all the new things they are doing. I'm glad you had such a great time in Tennessee. Mike great up there and someday I hope we can go back just so I can see what it's like.

I didn't know you taught seminary too. I have a new found respect for you! Anyone who's done it is pretty amazing in my book. I slept in until 7:15 this morning and feel like a million bucks.

Darci said...

I love all the pictures, I always take tons too!!! I am sad that Kim and Devo are leaving (why is my whole family in Utah???) But I know you two will be so happy being close.

esherman10 said...

Looks like a fun trip! Cute collages and pictures! That's fun for you that Kimberly is moving up there, too!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the picture collages. They capture the fun and fabulousness of your trip!

Christie said...

Picture collages are the cutest - I love yours. Such a fun way to recap a lot of great pictures.

Deanie said...

These are all terrific pictures, it looks like you had a good time with your Mom and Dad. I still need to get my hands on that sweet Avery and it has been way too long since I have seen Parker, if things ever slow down......