Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We've Had Company!

Signs that Nannu's visiting...

  1. Your kids' hands are always washed.
  2. You're in the middle of a conversation and the vaccuum turns on.
  3. Your bathtub sparkles.
  4. Someone is following the brownie-eating children around with a bucket of water and a mop.
  5. The fridge and pantry are fully stocked (with food, goodies, and Pepsi (thanks a lot, dad!)
  6. Before leaving the house at 4:50 am to catch a flight, the sheets and towels are stuck in the washer.
  7. When Parker can't find the majority of his toys, you finally find them loaded in a hamper tucked away in the guest bedroom.
  8. Post-guest cleaning isn't necessary!

Thanks for taking such good care of me, mom and dad! We loved having you! (And you, and you!) We love you!

15 comments:

Kelly and Megan said...

AHHH, Grandma and Grandpa visits are the best! Too bad they don't happen often enough!

Tina said...

Maybe I should move away for some grandpa and grandma visits like that. HOW NICE!!!

Kimberly said...

That was funny. Grandma and I got a kick out of mom vacuuming while we were talking to each other. Mom sure is great to have around...I just wish we could have her around all of the time!

Darci said...

I can't believe your mom always hiding the toys, what is that about? I love having moms around though since they are great helpers.
What no pictures of the weekend get together?

Hiller Family said...

Moms are the best at any age! It would be really hard on me if I didn't have mine around all the time. Grandma and Grandpa are always a winning combination.

Diane said...

Ok so I am a bit OCD. I admit I could have waited a few minutes to vacuum up the brownie crumbs. Thanks for putting up with my quirks! Love you! Wish I could be there more often.

Darcie said...

What would we do w/o our Mom's!!!

Aly said...

I love the part about the food, moms (and dads) always want to make sure we stay nice and plump I think:)

hannah said...

I want someone to come and clean my house and stock my pantry. I'm family, right? They'll come?

Melissa said...

Can she come to my house next?

Erin said...

Wow! Impressive house guests!! Aren't Mom's the best? And I like her tactics in keeping the toys picked up...hide them! I think I'm going to do that!

Becky Glover said...

That is how my mom is...the things I never get to buy at the store are always stocked up when mom leaves and my windows are clean- in a house like mine the windows are my last thought and worry. She also makes sure the rest of the house is clean. I love it when mom visits and when she goes home it's sooo hard to get back to reality!

Johnston Family said...

Your parents are some of the nicest people! That's so fun that they came for a visit!

Michael said...

Yeah, the vacuum was pretty funny. Fortunately I didn't lose any shoes this visit. They always seem to go "missing" when mom's around.

Deanie said...

I don't care what age we are, nothing like getting a visit and pampering from Mom and Dad!