Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Growing up WAY TOO FAST!

The last few weeks have been developmentally HUGE for Parker. Before it becomes totally normal that he can do what he does, I want to remember how AMAZED I am at how fast he's growing up! In the past few weeks he has:
  • ***Started walking EXCLUSIVELY! He's been taking steps for quite a while, but he's finally taken off...it is SO CUTE!
  • ***Learned how to say all the animal noises. He knows what a cow ("mooooo"), sheep ("baaa"), pig (he moves his nose trying to snort), horse ("naaaaay"), snake ("ssssss"), cat ("maaaaow"), dog ("wub wub"), lion ("waaaaaw"), bear ("waaaa"), duck ("wa wa wa" while moving his hands in a quacking motion), owl ("hoooo"), and fish ("ub ub ub") say. My favorite is the cat...he puts FULL emotion into the maaaaaow!
  • ***Learned to say: Nannu, eat ("eee" while pointing to his mouth), story ("owy"), milk ("maaa"), belly ("dilly"), nose, eyes, ear, hair, bye, hello ("awo"), mommy, daddy, puppy, fish, shoes, spoon ("poo"), shoe ("oosh"), doggy, stinky, and car. I'm sure half the time I'm the only one who understands anything he says, but it is SO FUN that he's starting to say what he wants to say!
  • ***Learned to feed himself 100% of the time with a fork or spoon in each hand.
  • ***Given up his morning nap for just one afternoon nap!

I am LOVING the phase Parker is in right now. I'm actually having a hard time realizing that he won't be my only little daytime buddy anymore once the baby is born. He's become a great shopping partner, cuddler, and sleeper. Starting over sounds so overwhelming! I am just SO GRATEFUL for my sweet little boy...I was looking at Kimberly's blog the other day listening to "There Goes My Life" and totally started bawling thinking about my baby growing up! I'm sure many of you can relate...I just hope I have it in me to love my second baby as much as I love my first!

10 comments:

Diane said...

The language only a mother can understand! You would call a blanket your "birdie" and I knew exactly what you were talking about. Oh there's something special about that second child...each one takes their place in the family in a most unique and special way. You'll see! You will, however, always treasure this special time with Parker. Cute post.

Mandy said...

That is so cute! I love this blogging thing because I keep such better track of life...I wish I had this while Emma was growing up. It is good that you are pregnant now...I think your emotions are exactly why I waited so long...I just didn't think I could love another baby as much as I loved Emma...I am happy to say I love Sophie tons and I actually am enjoying everything a little more because I know how fast it goes by! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I was really worried nobody would look once I went private!

Aimee said...

It's great when they start talking, and your right, to you it is so clear and you know what they are saying, you brag about it and then when someone else listens, they are like, "What are you talking about, all I hear is blah blah blah..baby talk." ha ha ha ha it's fun though. (smile) PArker has really grown up, he is getting so big, before you know it he'll be turning 7 years old. (today is Zack's 7th birthday.....I can't believe it!)
Love ya,
Aimee

Kimberly said...

You think Parker is big now...wait until you see him for the first time after you've had your new baby. All of a sudden he will seem so much more grown up. I can't believe Parker can make all those animal noises...wow! What a cutie!

Christie said...

I miss that. The noises, the language only you can understand, the going from crawling to walking. Sigh...it goes way too fast. You're doing the right thing by stopping now and savoring every moment. Such a beautiful post.

Grandma Hand said...

What a wonderful way to share the adventures of Parker! He is so darn cute and you WILL love #2 Baby because there is always room in your heart for loving and caring for your children and watching them grow and progress to the next stage. This is a really great time of life for me to experience your adventures (MY GREAT GRANDCHILDREN, MY POSTERITY). Love you all so much
Grandma

Michael said...

It really has been a long time since I've seen Parker. Maybe someday when the alumni stop taking over my life with their banquets I'll be able to come up and see you.

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Hey I thought you would like to know that Karen adams started a blog too! karenladams.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

How fun Rob! Parker is such a cutie, I can't wait to see him again; he's such a big boy now. It's wierd when your baby starts becoming a kid!