Friday, October 24, 2008

Joe's Birthday!


Yesterday we celebrated my darling husband's birthday. He turned 29...yowza! The day was pretty much a success...unless you consider a few minor details. Here's what I learned...

  1. If you plan on making your husband a special birthday breakfast, make sure you actually get out of bed before he leaves for work.
  2. If you plan any surprises, such as taking cupcakes to work (to make up for the missed breakfast), don't tell your 2-year old. While calling the birthday boy to sing the birthday song, all will be revealed!
  3. If the box says "24 cupcakes," don't try to squeeze all the batter into "12 cupcakes". Tasty? Yes. Pretty? No.
  4. Huge, ugly cupcakes at work will, however, ensure that employees know it's the big day. Sorry, babe...I had to tell.
  5. When you go shopping for presents, avoid the section of the store containing children's toys and books. It's hard to explain why daddy needs socks instead of a puzzle book.

  6. When you drop the kids off at Grandma's house (so you can actually enjoy a dinner out), don't leave the birthday cake on the counter. A 2-year old that's been waiting ALL DAY to eat some won't be able to resist scooting the chair over to have a few little tastes of frosting.
  7. Smooshed, finger-printy cream cheese frosting doesn't ruin a good cake.

  8. I have the most easy-to-please husband in the world!
  9. It's better to post a birthday blog on the actual birthday to remind friends and family of the occasion...oh well!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE! We love you so much! One more year until the big 3-0!

17 comments:

Darci said...

The pictures are not up, I will check back later! Good job on making cupcakes, great idea, much more portable.

Kimberly said...

Yeah, I couldn't see the pictures either. Hmmmm! What a good wifey you are...no wonder your DH loves you so much! Happy Birthday Joe! Sorry, by the time I Remembered to call it was after 10pm...we still love you and think your the best and hope your day was great!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Joe!! Jeff is coming up on the big 29 too! I am forever 23. So.....I dont really have the same problem that yal have. Happy B-day!

Christie said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!

Hiller Family said...

What a cute wife you are, and it's the thought that counts.. Besides he would never remember the event without a few miss haps to laugh about.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday JOE! This is the best year...doesn't everyone stay 29 forever? I know I did!

You're such a cute wife for going to all the cupcake trouble with 2 kids in tow. I'm glad you guys got to have a night out!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday JOe!!!!

Sarah E said...

Happy Birthday Joe! Looks like quite a yummy cake!

Brittany said...

Hehe Joe sure is getting old! ;) Happy Be-lated Birthday!

Darcie said...

What a GREAT wife you are!!! I think it is FUN to do cute things for the Hubby on there special day!!! Happy Birthday Joe!!

Side note: 30 in so NOT bad!!!

Aly said...

Happy Birthday Joe! You ended up with such a great guy Robyn! What a sweet wife you are to surprise him at work with overflowing cupcakes:)

I would probably sleep in too, and have good intentions of making breakfast!

Kimberly said...

cute pics!

Unknown said...

This was soooo cute! Happy birthday to Joe. I can remember a few Father's Days when I had intended to make breakfast in bed but just couldn't quite get myself out of bed. :-)

Niki said...

Loved all the comments! Matthew turned 29 last month. I hope you guys had a great night out!

Diane said...

Isn't he planning on remaining 28 like the rest of us? I had his birthday written down as being on the 28th. Maybe I was just confusing it with the "ideal age". Love ya. Happy Birthday Joe!

Michael said...

Congrats on the big 29 to Joe. The cake story was good. Sounds, actually, like the whole day was a good story! And I wouldn't expect anything less.

Jaclyn said...

Uh Happy Be-lated Birthday Joe! And Robyn I love reading all the cute things you do on your blog.