Monday, June 4, 2007

Marci's Last Hoorah!

Well, Marci is in the hospital RIGHT NOW being induced with her second baby. We decided to celebrate her last day of "freedom" yesterday by going to lunch and this cool splash park. It's a big foamy pad with water fountains all over the place. Since it's been 90+ degrees outside, it was great! Parker and Jacob were a bit apprehensive at first because there were wild teenagers running around all over the place spitting water at each other and screaming. It was funny because at one point they ran right next to us and the babies screaming and spitting, etc. Marci and I both yelled at them at the same time...I felt like an animal protecting my baby or something. We both laughed afterwards at how we'd reacted, but they stayed away from us, so I guess it was worth it!
Here's Marci...ready to pop! She's handled this pregnancy so well. Yesterday morning she was out walking 2.5 miles and today she's giving birth! Updates on the baby will soon follow...
Parker was SOOOOOOOOO tired on the way home. He used to fall asleep in his carseat all the time, but now that he's facing forward he won't. I kept looking back at him and he looked like his eyes were about to close, but he fought hard and stayed awake all the way home. I'm hoping he sleeps in the car on our way to California this weekend...that's right...we're going to Cali for the wedding of the year...I can't wait! By the way, I noticed in this picture that his seatbelt wasn't done up on both sides...oops...I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to undo it, so I guess I'm to blame! Never again...

7 comments:

Diane said...

It's official...you two are really moms. Interesting how you instinctively protect your babies. Rotten teenagers! I wish I was going to California this weekend. Be sure to give the whole family a big hug from us. I am seriously going to have to get a job with the airlines!!!

Annakaisa said...

"I felt like an animal protecting my baby". That was a good way to put it. Because what wouldn't you do, when you see that your baby might be in potential harm. We dafenitely get our claws out imediately when someone keeps pushing the limits. Well done Robyn and Marci! You put those teenagers in their place! :)

Michael said...

Those pictures are great. Parker looks like a little animal in that first picture.

Kimberly said...

I had a mother animal experience today protecting Taylor! Some kids are so stupid! Good job, Rob!

Rachelle said...

You aren't the only mom who absentmindedly forgot to latch up the carseat properly! I've had a few super lame moments myself; I just never had a picture to prove it! :-)

Christie said...

Oh, my favorite thing is to turn into what Josh calls the Mama Tiger - hell hath no fury, I assure you. The teenagers at the park drive me crazy sometimes!

Grandma Hand said...

I think that is so very natural for you to be there and so protective. I guess that we moms are born with that instinct. I wish I was going with you to Cali too. I just want to be in on everything darn it.