Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blast From the Past

Last Saturday we went to my friend Alyson's little boy Max's 3rd Birthday party. Alyson was my best friend when we were little...we went to kindergarten together, etc. We kept in touch for a few years when we first moved to California, but sort of lost touch somewhere in Junior High. When Kimberly was getting married, Aly and her mom LaDean came to her bridal shower at my aunt's house. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I'd seen Aly in a REALLY LONG TIME! When Aly got married, I think my mom flew to Utah to go to her sealing which meant a lot to her! When Joe and I got married and lived in Utah, Aly and I sort of reconnected and became good friends again. She's actually been better than me at keeping in touch, but I'm so glad because I hate losing good friends! It was funny because when we were little, we got the same bikes for Christmas twice. A few years ago, we got together for Christmas and had both gotten each other the same thing (a Willow Tree Statue). It's crazy because she has a little girl (Annie) who's in Kindergarten and Max who just turned 3. It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were in kindergarten together. She came to our house every morning before school...I think I was a really bossy friend! Anyway, her whole family was at Max's birthday party, so I got to see her mom, dad, brother Nate, sister-in-law Carrie (whose husband Kirk--Aly's brother--died of cancer a few years ago) and all their families. Anyway, it was really fun seeing them.
Aly and Chuck have this dog named Mokey (if that's how you spell it). Parker LOVED him as long as he was sitting still. Once Mokey started moving and getting really close to Parker, though, he got a bit scared. It was really cute. Someday we'll get a Golden Retriever like Dutchess...every well adjusted family has to have a dog, right? They also had a big Elk head hanging in the living room. I would have taken a picture of Parker with it, but THAT was definitely too scary!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aly's house looks really cute.She must be a good decorator. I am glad you have reconnected with her, she's like a long-lost sister or something. By the way, I think you should take pictures of your house like mom did of hers so I can see what your house looks like.

Kimberly said...

By the way, looks like Parker is ready for a dog. Grandpa Johnson would be so proud! A grandson after his own heart. Remember how dad used to bring random dogs home all of the time hoping mom would allow him to keep one. I remember naming one Sandy after the movie Annie.

Unknown said...

That's so weird to think that Kimberly hasn't been to your house. Maybe she should come up here instead of us going down there...

Mandy said...

Emma loves the movie Annie! She walks around the house singing dumb dog! Ok that was sort of for Kimberly. Anyway Emma thinks we are getting a dog the second we move! It is going to break her heart when we don't get one for another year or so! Your dad must be so proud though!

Diane said...

Seeing Aly made me homesick! I love her so much! I can remember lots of fun times with her family. LaDean and I were such good friends...which doesn't surprise me that the two of you got the same bicycle one year. Aly's as pretty as ever...she's always been so beautiful inside and out! I'm so glad you are re-connected!

Diane said...

By the way...that time dad brought home the dog you guys named "Sandy" was right in the middle of the "hooked on Annie" episode. You guys would run around singing.. "Dumb dog...why are you following me!".