Sunday, April 1, 2007

The Boghies

This past weekend we had a lovely visit from our friends Amy and Jason Bogh. Amy was one of my MTC companions (from England). We were companions again in Finland when we'd been there for four months. Jason also served in Finland. Anyway, they came and stayed with us Friday and Saturday nights with their cute little boys...Alex who will be 3 in July and Aidan (9 weeks old). It was a lot of fun....Amy is one of those friends who I feel totally normal and comfortable around no matter how long we go without talking or seeing each other. They're moving to Utah in May when Jason will start school at BYU! Parker LOVED watching Alex, but he was even more interested in Aidan. I don't think he's used to being around babies that are younger than him...he's usually the youngest (except for Blake, but they're the same size).

Alex is potty-trained. I walked downstairs and saw him in his Elmo underwear, so Amy and Jason had him do his "Under-oos" dance for me. It was really cute watching him dance and sing "Underoos....hey! Underoos, underoos...hey!" Amy always has the funniest words and sayings since she's from England.

We went to my mission reunion in Provo Friday night. It was a lot of fun...we saw President and Sister Hoyt for the first time since they got home. They are so cute! President Hoyt called me "Sister Gadd" which sounded really weird coming from him. I guess when you're a mission president, your missionaries are like your children because he remembered EVERYTHING! He knew that my dad worked for Nissan, he remembered me and Sister Pryor emailing from the mission office every Monday morning, and he sort of remembered giving me 50 Euros so that I could go shopping! I liked this reunion more than the ones right after I got home because back then I felt like everyone was just trying to impress everyone else (including myself), but this time I was really just happy to see and talk to people. I saw Angela Pryor (my last companion) who I haven't seen or talked to in a long time and Katrina King (my other MTC companion) and a few other people. It was fun to look back, but also made me REALLY grateful for Joe and Parker and the stage of life I'm in. I loved being a missionary, but it's nice to have that part of my life behind me...not that we shouldn't still be missionaries, but you know what I mean!

By the way, I titled this blog "the boghies" because Amy thought it was really funny that she was going to marry a "Bogh" because they call boogers "boghies" in England. So now she's Amy Booger instead of Amy Oliver!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Maybe I should start calling boogers "bougies"--the kids would think that was so funny!

Mandy said...

That sounds like so much fun, I remember hearing stories about her! During conference they were showing lots of pictures of Finland and the new temple...I always love hearing about it, because I know you were there! Some how it makes me feel connected to the Finnish people! I loved going to Jon's mission reunions, it was fun to see all the people he talks about. We will have to start going to them again now that we will be a little closer!